If you want a faster and smoother device usage, then you need to get rid of unnecessary applications. They not only sap up your processing speed, but are also a burden on your storage. Majority of users who are aware of technicalities opt for rooting devices.
In this consideration, many custom ROMS that are efficient in function keep popping up in the ecosystem. We have already seen a few ROMs that are free of bloatware. A new ROM that is good in this regard is the VikingWay Snowstorm. It has been made for Samsung Galaxy S III model no GT-I9300. The firmware that it is based on is 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The creator of this is a developer at XDA by the name of memberschoolsux. The ROM is not only fast, but also provides decent functionality as well.
Before going through with the flashing procedure, kindly go through our precautions that would be necessary for you to take.
- Please note that the procedure that is being provided is specifically for Samsung Galaxy S3 model no as specified above. Trying this on other devices would not give you same results.
- We cannot assure that the procedure would work perfectly fine under specific conditions or specific circumstances. Also the intention here is purely instructional.
- Follow these instructions at your own risk, since we hold no responsibility whatsoever if any malfunction happens.
- Before starting the process, make sure that the smartphone is charged or the battery level is at a minimum of 70 percent.
- Another important precaution is that you should create a cloud box of important data that may include your personal contacts, messages and settings.
- Flash recovery on your i9300 through particular steps. Proceed to step 2 if it’s already present.
- Download 2 files – VikingWay Snowstorm ROM and VikingWay update.
- When you have downloaded the file of the ROM, copy it your SD card.
- Switch your smartphone off.
- Now switch it back on in recovery mode. (How? This is done by pressing the Volume (+), Home and Power keys together until Samsung Galaxy SIII shows on the screen. It is possible for you to scroll the menu through the Volume keys and also select through recovery option with Power key).
- Now go for Backup and Restore and then for Backup. By doing this, you are able to create a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM.
- The next thing you need to do is a full data wipe. This can be done in three steps. First go to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then confirm action. Second step is performed by going to Wipe Cache Partition and then confirming the action. Lastly, go to Advanced and then to Wipe Dalvik Cache. Confirm the action.
- Now for installing, go for Install ZIP from SD Card and then for Choose ZIP from SD Card. Select the file of the ROM that you copied.
- Do the same for the second update file you downloaded (VikingWay update).
- When installation completes, go back and choose Reboot System Now.