Androites who are owners of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 can restore their device to Android 4.0.4 ICS through the UEBLH2 firmware. This firmware brings the device back in a factory state, which means the device can be reverted back from any custom ROM to the official stock firmware. Read on for the installation guide.
This firmware version is official, and comes in handy in case of a mishap with a custom ROM. Before proceeding to the installation guide, here are some warnings:
UEBLH2 Android 4.0.4 ICS Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 — Androite Warning
- The instructions are meant only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113. If you apply them on any other tablet or model number, there may be no outcome or the device may get damaged.
- The battery of the tablet should be charged at least 80%. The process isn’t short, and the device may shut down during the middle of the process if not properly charged.
- Backup all the important data on the tablet.
- Disable any security softwares (firewall is one example) that may interfere with the process.
- Make sure you are using the said device on a Windows PC.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be done by going to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure the USB drivers of the handset are installed on the PC. You can also install them via Samsung KIES.
- Follow the guide at your own risk. Android Tuition will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the device.
Revert Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 to Android 4.0.4 official UEBLH2 — Installation guide
Step 2: Extract the *.tar.md5 from the downloaded UEBLH2 package through extraction software.
Step 3: Extract Odin 3.04 zip file on the computer.
Step 4: Switch off the device while it is not connected to the computer.
Step 5: Double click Odin 3 v3.04.exe to start Odin.
Step 6: Load the *.tar.md5 file by clicking the PDA button in Odin. Leave other settings unchanged.
Step 7: Confirm that the ‘Re-partition’ box is unchecked.
Step 8: Hold down the Power and Volume Down buttons to reboot the device into Download Mode. An android logo within a red triangle will appear. Continue to Download Mode by pressing the Volume Up key.
Step 9: Connect the tablet to the PC through a USB cable. ‘Added!’ message will appear on the Odin window.
Step 10: Select the Start button in Odin to start the flashing process. A ‘Passed’ message will appear in one of Odin’s boxes after completion. The device will reboot automatically.
That’s it Androites. You’ve learned how to make your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 go back to the official Android 4.0.4 ICS build UEBLH2 in case of a mishap with a custom ROM. If you get stuck at the Samsung logo on rebooting at the 10th step, you can do the following:
Step 1: Switch off the device.
Step 2: Hold down the Volume Up and Power buttons together until the screen turns bright. Let go of the Power button while holding the Volume Up button when the Samsung logo appears. This will boot the device into recovery.
Step 3: Select Wipe data/Factory reset in recovery. Confirm the action by selecting ‘Yes’ on the next screen.
Step 4: Reboot the tablet by selecting Reboot system now.
Feel free to comment.