Androites would be looking to install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy S III SGH-T999. Through CWM, you’re able to install custom ROMs in the future. Through the efforts of developers, you can now enjoy CWM on the T-Mobile Galaxy S III variant. Read on for the installation guide!
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 3 SGH-T9999 ClockworkMod Recovery — Androites Beware
- The tutorial is meant only for T-Mobile Galaxy S III SGH-T999. Applying it on any other model may lead to undesired outcomes. To check the model of your device, go into Settings > About phone.
- Follow the guide at your own risk. Android Tuition will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the device.
Samsung Galaxy S III (T-Mobile) SGH-T999 — Androite Pre-requisites
- Handset USB drivers should be installed on a Windows PC.
- Enable USB Debugging. To do this, go to Settings > Developer options > USB Debugging.
- The battery should be charged at least 80%. The process is a long one and you don’t want the device to shut down during half way.
- Backup all the important data on your phone.
- Disable any software like antivirus, firewall etc. that can interfere with the process.
ClockworkMod Recovery T-Mobile Galaxy S III (Samsung) — Installation guide
Step 2: Extract the Odin ZIP file on your desktop.
Step 3: Switch off the device.
Step 4: Reboot the device in Download mode. Hold down the Volume Down, Power, and Home buttons until a “Warning!!” sign appears on the screen. To continue, press the Volume Up button again. When a green Android with “Downloading” text appears, you’re in Download Mode. Retry if you face any problems.
Step 5: Go to the Desktop. Locate the Odin extracted file and double-click to launch Odin.
Step 6: Connect the device to the computer. Let driver installation complete if it happens again.
Step 7: The device will be recognized by Odin. A COM box at the left side of the window will turn blue. The message box will display an “Added!!” message.
Step 8: In Odin, select PDA tab > ClockworkMod Recovery file.
Step 9: Make sure “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked.
Step 10: Now tap Start in Odin to begin the flashing process. Be patient.
Step 11: Once the process ends, Odin will display a “Pass!” message and the device will automatically reboot. Unplug the device and close Odin.
Step 12: Switch off the device. Hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons until the screen turns bright. Release the buttons and your device will boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
There you have it Androites! You have successfully installed ClockworkMod Recovery on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999. Feel free to comment!