This post would cover the flashing of ClockworkMod Recovery Mod and rooting on Galaxy Note 10.1. The interesting thing about this recovery was that it was out before the product launch was made. The developer responsible for this is zedomax of XDA Developers.
Using this causes increase of binary flash counter and also the warranty becoming void. There is no issue with rooting either because the setup is part of TraingleAway app. We are now going to proceed with the procedure.
Please note that the description provided below is specifically for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with models (GT-N8000, GT-N8010 and GT-N8013). Do not try them on any other device and expect similar results. The intention here is instructional and we would not be responsible for any malfunction that may occur due to following the instructions. So try them at your own risk. Read what is written carefully and then apply it.
Also before beginning the procedure, make a backup (information) of your important personal data that can include contacts and settings. Disable any antivirus and related security software since they can prevent installation of files. Same applies to Samsung Kies too.
Firstly, Galaxy tab with one of the model number specified above. Secondly, you would need a PC with Windows installed. The PC should have the drivers for your device. USB debugging mode should be enabled as well.
The following files should be downloaded
The procedure can be divided into two steps with first being flashing of ClockworkMod recovery and second being the rooting of the device.
Flash ClockworkMod recovery
- After you downloaded the root package, extract the files. These would include: Odin3 v1.85.exe, Odin3.ini, HighOnCWMRecoveryGTN8000.tar and CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip.
- Of these files, copy the last one to your SD card (internal).
- 3Launch the Odin file from odin3 v1.85.exe
- When it opens, choose the PDA button. From this, select HighOnCWMRecoveryGTN8000.tar.
- Switch off the device.
- When you reboot, it should be in Download Mode. (How? Press the Power and Volume Down keys together. Do this until you see a warning message on the screen. Use the Volume Up key to move to the Download Mode.
- Connect the device to your computer using the USB cable. The confirmation would be when you see a message box that says Added on Odin. (If this doesn’t happen, reinstall your drivers).
- To initiate the flashing process, click the Start button on Odin. Doing this would cause the device to restart. Simultaneously, you would see PASS being displayed in Odin. Upon the appearance of this message, you can disconnect the device from your PC.
- Congrats, the part 1 of the guide complete and the Clockwork Mod Recovery is now on your device.
- Switch the device off.
- When you start, it should be in ClockworkMod Recovery. (How? Hold the Power and Volume Up keys together. When the screen turns bright, keep holding Volume Up but release Power to enter recovery mode.)
- Next, go for selection of Install ZIP from SD card and then Choose ZIP from SD card.
- In your files, find the CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip and proceed with the installation.
- After completion of the process, revert to the main menu and restart via the Reboot system now option.
- After the device has started, make an internet connection.
- In your app menu, go to the SuperSU app and launch it. When it opens, hit Continue and then OK. Now, close the app.
So, now both processes have been successfully done and now you can get apps for which root access is required. Hit Grant to do so.
Going back to Stock Recovery
If you want to remove the ClockworkMod recovery from the tablet, you can do so. This is important when you have to install any official update. For this, do the following steps:
- Start Odin by double clicking odin3 v1.85.exe.
- After successful launch, choose the PDA button and select N8000_StockRecovery.tar file.
- Switch the tablet off.
- When you restart, do in Download Mode (method described earlier).
- Connect your device to the computer using your USB cable. This would be confirmed by the Added message in Odin.
- Now hit Start in Odin to start the Stock Recovery flashing. After automatic restart, you would see the message saying PASS. After this, it is possible for you to unplug your device from your computer.
So, with this you can also revert back to your stock recovery in order to get any official update that you need for your tablet.