All androites have the facility of custom ROMs and recoveries. Developers develop separate ROMs, which offer functions that are different and meant for separate devices. One recently developed ROM is the ParanoidAndroid ROM, now easily flashable on the Google Nexus 10. It brings a hybrid interface and allows you to choose from three different UI, being Phone UI, Phablet UI or the Tablet UI. As a result, your device is likely to become fast and free of unnecessary applications.
As always, we would stop you before the tutorial and turn your attention towards the pre-requisites, which many of our readers would now be familiar with. As the heading says, apply it on the tablet Nexus 10, and not any other. Device can be charged properly beforehand. We always create a backup before flashing any such ROMs, and you should do so too. Please proceed from the first step till the last at your own sole will. You shouldn’t hold us responsible for anything unfortunate, as you’ve been warned before.
- Unlock bootloader of the tablet and install custom recovery.
- Download the ROM ParanoidAndroid and package for Google apps.
- Transfer the ParanoidAndroid package from your PC to the device’s SD card.
- You then have to turn of the device. Start your device in the Recovery Mode by holding down the Volume Up and Down buttons, along with the Power button. The Google Nexus 10 has now been booted in the Fastboot mode. From there, select Recovery to start the CWM Recovery Mode.
- From the menu, select the option Backup and Restore and then proceed to select Backup. What would this do? You just created a nandroid backup of the existing ROM.
- Select the option Wipe data/ Factory Reset and then Yes.
- After this is done, select Wipe Cache Partition and proceed with it.
- Then tap on the option Advanced, and then Wipe Dalvik Cache and continue. These three wipes will ensure that your data is erased.
- Now from the main menu select the option saying Install ZIP from SD Card, then Choose ZIP from SD Card and the select the ParanoidAndroid ROM package. Allow for the process to complete.
- After the download is complete, restart your device by selecting the “Reboot system now” option from the menu.
You are now free to enjoy the exciting features of ParanoidAndroid on your Google Nexus 10. (Source: XDA)