If you Androites were waiting for a post on the disassembling and the repair of the Nexus 7, then your wait is over. Here you will get to learn how to disassemble and reassemble the Nexus 7. So, let’s start!
For many who can afford a device worth $200, the breakdown would not be that affecting. However, for many among us; it really is a heartbreaking incident. It is also not always about the money; the technology is just too good to be wasted just like that. However, the delicacy with which these devices are manufactured is hard to picture. The device itself is quite delicate as well. If it already fell from your hands, believe me, the second time you do such a thing to your tablet, you may not get it back in a single piece.
However, a person cannot always anticipate what’s yet to come. It is always a good idea to have some knowledge about your tablet. Here are certain guidelines that you may follow in order to patch up your Nexus 7. It is new and has many things that many among you might be unaware of. We will begin by disassembling the device. Follow the instructions at your own risk. We will not be held responsible for any damage done to your device.
Nexus 7 Disassembly
- First of all, turn off the power of your tablet.
- Take a case opener tool and remove the back cover of the tablet cautiously. Do not try any other sharp alternative tool. It might harm the skin.
- The next step is the removal of the battery. You have to be dexterous. Gently pull out the battery still using the case opener tool. Detach it from the mother board vigilantly.
- Next, take off the protective black tape that covers the charge port ribbon on the mother board. Now disconnect the charge port ribbon from the mother board, neatly.
- After the elimination of the battery from the mother board, you will see a copper shielding covering some of the portion of the mother board. Carefully using the case opener tool, remove it from its place, mind, not to pull off the charge port ribbon along with it and also do not break the copper shield.
- There are three flip screws that secure the speaker module, remove them using the adequate size screw opener. Lift the speaker module and detach it very neatly.
- Next, peel of the charge port ribbon from the charge port ultimately disconnecting it.
- The charge port and the head from jack are connected with five screws. Remove these screws.
- Remove the tape that covers the remaining portion; the LCD and other controlling circuitry system. Hence, you should be very careful with it, do not peel off the entire tape just the portion that you are concerned with.
- Then remove the connector for the touch panels and the connectors for the LCD very nicely. Now disconnect the small ribbon cable that is present near the control and power buttons.
- There are seven screws, screwing the mother board in the unit. Unscrew them and lift out the mother board.
- Fifteen screws hold the frame, remove it. Then you will find a copper shielding layer behind the LCD, peel it off and just below it you would find another ribbon cable, remove it too.
You have completely disassembled your device. Now, let’s start with the reassembling.
Nexus 7 – Reassembly
Reassembling is far much more difficult at times than the disassembling procedure. The instructions are;
- Attach the ribbon cable back to the screen and then again, patch up the copper shield.
- Place the frame back into its place gently screw it back.
- Now fix in the motherboard on the frame.
- To the touch panel, attach the volume and LCD ribbon cables and cover it back with the protective black tape. Then screw back the head port jack.
- Next place back the large charge port ribbon in its place and the black protective tape.
- Now the speaker modules in their place and place the copper shielding back.
- Finally connect back the battery to the mother board and place the back cover.
You have completely reassembled your device.
As a good advice, NEVER disassemble your tablet if not broken. The notion of these guidelines is to enable you to understand your device. It is to save you from the frauds and unskilled hands. The 7 inch screen display Nexus computer tablet is the launch of the year. If you cannot comprehend the instructions, then do not try this. It is simply too risky for your tablet.
We would like to say our thanks to Directfix.com. You can also look at the video, they made regarding the above-mentioned procedure.
Let us know your thoughts on reassembly and disassembly of Nexus 7.