Many androites would know the importance of ClockworkMod Recovery. Owners of Verizon Galaxy S III SCH-i535 can now install the official version of ClockworkMod 22.214.171.124. This is important if you want to install custom kernels or flash custom ROMs.
The official CWM 126.96.36.199 is an ODIN flashable version for Galaxy S 3 SCH-i535. The credit for the guide you’re going to see below goes to XDA Developers member open1your1eyes0. The guide is meant for installing both CWM and CWM Touch Recovery. Both versions are 188.8.131.52 for the Verizon S III. Both of them are the same. However, the touch recovery has support for touch control. The simple one requires the use of Volume keys and the Power button.
Both touch and non-touch recoveries have new features. They support both internal memory and External SD Card, have faster backups, fixes restores > 2 GB, include UI tweaks (new background, animated android).
Verizon Galaxy S III ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 — Androites Beware!
- The guide is meant only for Verizon Galaxy S III SCH i535. Problems may arise if any other device is used.
- The battery level should be at least 80%. The process is long and you don’t want the device to shut down at half way.
- Use the guide at your own risk. Android Tuition will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the device. Read the
- Backup all the important data on your device.
Verizon Galaxy S III ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 — Pre-requisites and downloads
- Galaxy S III (Verizon) with unlocked bootloader
- Samsung Official USB Drivers
- Odin v3.07
- ClockworkMod Recovery 18.104.22.168 (XDA/ Megashare)
- ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 22.214.171.124 (XDA/ Megashare)
- USB Debugging enabled. Also disable firewall, security and any other software that can access the device.
Verizon Galaxy S III ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199 — Installation Guide
Step 1: After installation of the above files, unzip Odin v3.07 into the desired folder.
Step 2: Download ClockworkMod Recovery files from the links above. The XDA link has to be extracted first.
Step 3: Turn off the device and reboot into Download mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons until a warning message pops up. Press the Volume Up button and you’ll be in Download Mode.
Note: Odin can be become unresponsive or display a “FAILED” message. In that case, take out the battery and insert it again. After that, start from Step 4 onwards.
Step 4: Open Samsung Odin on the Windows PC. Mobile Odin Pro is more suitable for Mac and Linux. Connect the device to the computer. Odin will display the word “Added”, which means the device is now connected.
Step 5: Tap the PDA button on Odin and select ODINRecovery.tar.md5. Remember to make sure “Re-partition” is unchecked in Options.
Step 6: Once done, the installation process will begin. The device will reboot after the process ends, and Odin will display a “Pass” message. Disconnect the device when the Samsung logo appears on the display.
Step 7: To boot CWM Recovery, switch off the phone, press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons and you’re done.
There you have it androites. You’ve successfully installed ClockworkMod 188.8.131.52 on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III SCH-i535. Feel free to comment!