Androites have witnessed the release of many custom ROMs that have a dark interface. However, none of them are able to get darker as the Dark ParanoidAndroid ROM. XDA Developers member ‘DaXmam’ has released the dark-themed ROM for Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250. There are some features from Team BAKED and AOKP included as well. Excited? You should be.
- Before going for the application of this procedure, make sure that you understand all the steps completely to avoid any kind of problem during the downloading.
- Make sure you’re using a Windows PC.
- Juice up the battery to 85%.
- The user will be the sole person responsible if anything goes wrong during the flashing procedure of this custom ROM onto Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.
- The guide is being provided for Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 only. In case of use in other devices may lead to results not desirable by the user. Act wisely, and don’t attempt the instructions on other models or handsets.
- Save all your personal data such as WiFi passwords, internet settings, contacts, SMS, MMS and other such data which may be important. This is required as some of the data may get lost during the downloading procedure.
- Flash recovery (custom) on your handset. Skip this step if its already there.
- Download the Dark ParanoidAndroid ROM and Inverted Gapps.
- Copy the Dark ParanoidAndroid file and the Inverted GApps package from the folder where you downloaded the files in the previous step on the internal SD Card of your device.
- Now switch off the device. Start the device in the Fastboot Mode. For this, press down and hold the Volume buttons (Up and Down) along with the Power button until the device starts on the Fastboot Mode.
- From the menu, choose the Recovery Mode option using the Volume Keys. In order to choose the highlighted option, press the Power button. A red colored triangle will appear along with the Android, indicating a warning.
- After this, press the Power button and only once the Volume Up button. Your device will now enter the Recovery Mode.
- From the main menu, choose ‘Backup and Restore’ and then ‘Backup’ to create a backup of your data.
- Choose ‘Wipe data/ factory reset’. Select “Yes” on the next window that appears.
- After completing the previous step, select the option Install ZIP from SD Card. Then go on to select Choose ZIP from SD Card. Locate and select the file named Dark ParanoidAndroid ROM.
- After this has finished, flash the Inverted GApps package in the same manner by selecting as you installed the ROM.
- Return to the main menu once both the packages have been installed installed.
- From the menu, choose Reboot system now.
The Dark ParanoidAndroid ROM has now been installed on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT- I9250. The dark ROM rises after a few minutes of the reboot