Owners of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 can now install ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199 on their device. Through this recovery, a lot of custom ROMs can be installed in the future. The credit for the release of the guide goes to XDA Developers member Chenglu. The recovery file is Odin-flashable and also auto-roots the device. Read on for more details.
Read some points before you head over to the installation guide
ClockworkMod Recovery 188.8.131.52 Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 – warning points for androites
- Apply the steps on Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. Don’t try them on other Samsung phones as it may lead to undesired results.
- Charge the juice of Note 2 (battery) to at least 80% so that the process doesn’t get interrupted.
- Make sure you’ve using a PC with Windows OS.
- Disable any potential security softwares that can access the device and interrupt the process.
- Galaxy Note 2 drivers should be present on your PC. You can install them through Samsung KIES as well.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Backup the data you consider important with our tutorial to an external location.
- Follow the tutorial instructions at your own risk. We won’t be responsible for anything unfortunate.
Tutorial instructions for installing ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 on Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
Step 2: Extract the downloaded CWM zip file in step 1 to obtain a ‘.tar’ file.
Step 3: Extract the downloaded Odin zip file in step 1 to obtain a ‘.exe’ file.
Step 4: Double click the ‘.exe’ file to start Odin.
Step 5: Switch off the device after disconnecting it from the computer.
Step 6: Put the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Home, Power and Volume Down buttons together until you see a ‘Warning’ message. At this point, press the Volume Up key to continue to Download Mode.
Step 7: Connect the device to the computer. Odin is going to display an ‘Added’ message in the bottom left message box of its window, which means the device was successfully detected. If no message is displayed, try re-installing the drivers.
Step 8: Select the PDA button in Odin and select the ‘.tar’ file that you extracted in step 2. It will be visible on the space beside the PDA button. DON’T change any other options in Odin. Also make sure the ‘Re-partition’ option is un-checked.
Step 9: Select the Start button in Odin to begin the flashing process.
Step 10: After the process completes, the device is going to reboot automatically and Odin is going to display a ‘Pass’ message. Once the Samsung logo appears, you can disconnect the device from the computer.
Step 11: To check if the device is rooted, check the SuperSU app and download any root-only application from the Google Play Store.
Step 12: You can also try ClockworkMod Recovery. Turn off the device and press and hold the Volume Up, Power, and Home buttons together until the screen turns bright. In recovery, use Volume keys to scroll and select an option using the Power button.
Wow! You’ve just learned how to install ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. If by chance you see a ‘Fail’ message in step 10 instead of ‘Pass’, disconnect the device and close the Odin application. Take out the battery and insert it again, and repeat the steps from step 6. Feel free to leave comments. Source: XDA